This episode was tough to get together, as I didn’t want to celebrate a death, I didn’t want to just talk about Peel’s influence on music – especially in the UK, but inevitably across Europe, so I ended up doing a Peel inspired show – in the way Peel did some of his shows in the 80’s. So it’s a bit of things Peel played a lot of (holy shit, did he love the Fall) and things Peel might’ve been playing were he still alive and working.
I should explicitly mention that the header image is a photo by William Murphy, who shared it under a Creative Commons (CC-SA-BY 2.0) license.
Here’s the playlist:
- Prince Far I – No More War
- Extreme Noise Terror – Carry On Screaming/Conned Through Life
- The KLF w/Extreme Noise Terror – 4 AM Eternal
- Atari Teenage Riot – Destroy 2000 Years of Culture
- Perma War – Człowiek
- PJ Harvey – Sheela Na Gig (Peel Session)
- The Stupids – You Shoulda Listened
- Eddie And the Hot Rods – Do Anything You Wanna Do
- Future Sound of London – We Have Explosive
- The Damned – Love Song (Peel Session)
- The Fall – Hip Priest
- The Undertones – Teenage Kicks
Here’s where you can hear the podcast:
- On Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9nZW5lcmFsYWRtaXNzaW9uc2hvdy5wb2RiZWFuLmNvbS9mZWVkLw
- On iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/general-admission/id1343625284?fbclid=IwAR3Dc52SEZpCj2WE076YP5pOiosOzxHXqBwHk-x21LSndwwHQ4DTPRAJtzE&mt=2
- On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3TLNN4QAHgh9xQXnGXg9RP
- On Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/general-admission-show/general-admission-3
Thanks for your support, please follow and subscribe on whichever platform you choose. Hopefully you dig what I’m putting down. Also, let me know, or the people who produce other stuff you consume, let them know you appreciate their work. Especially if they’re trying to do it as a living! Any errors, factual or otherwise, leave a comment below or on the podcast itself wherever you find it.